My wife is going to kill me

So it happened, the weather was warm enough, the rain had stopped enough, my grass had grown enough...time to mow! I know why I like it so, it calms me, it numbs my thoughts. Yoga speeds up my head, church is even worse! I try to relax and the wheels in my sky keep on turning, and then like some hick I find peace mowin my grass. So I pulled my mower from hybernation, gassed it up and set out for the front yard. Only thing is, the side yard was blocked so I did what any "sensible" person would do...took it through the house :) I moved the kitchen table, the chairs, lifted up the rug and then out the front door and down the steps leaving a trail of dirt in my house. I couldn't help thinking, "my wife is going to kill me!" and then I realized, I was the wife! and I was just fine with it. Commence my calm, mowing and weed wacking and in usual fashion, flip flops and a dress. I mowed my lawn. My mind stopped. Life is good. Note to self: I do not suggest weed wacking in a dress, your legs suffer.

4 comments:

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

I laughed out loud!! I'll be sure and tell my other wives (Bryan, Anne, and Taylor) not to weed wack in a dress. Love Aunt Manja

aaron wilkinson said...

Monica, you're funny. hehehe. I hope all is well!

Laura Saint-Jean said...

I heart you Monica!

The Turners said...

Andy and I just read this out loud and are now laughing so hard we peed our pants. Thanks. ;-)