Mount Vernon

Life is life, no one can say that their's is harder or that they have been through more because each life is tailored to its liver. However, our little life has been so full lately, sometimes I feel like I am just running with no ending point. Sometimes at night if I am not asleep before my head hits the pillow, I can actually hear Nathan say, "good night" and for a second my pace slows. A few weeks ago he took me to Mont Vernon and for an entire day the chaos that I know so well swirled around someone else. We got on a boat early in the morning and floated down to Mont Vernon as the sun rose.
Only miles away and I had never been, going during their Fall Festival was an excellent time to experience it.
We got of the boat and had hotdogs for breakfast.....
We roasted apples.....
We connected with nature......
We forgot the world was spinning.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

good for you! Sounds like something you both needed :)

I miss you, contact me soon.