Happy 32nd Birthday Nathan

While on the cruise my: rustically handsome (when he has a beard, all other times he is really really just good looking), 100% man (well 75% man 25% boy), husband (unless he forgets to take out the trash or leaves his taco bell trash in the basement then he is demoted to bad roommate) celebrated his 32nd birthay! A few weeks before we left on the cruise I contacted Norwegian's kitchen staff and asked if I could make my husband's cake onboard considering by background (i bake stuff) and they said I could. Every year for his birthday my muffin requests the same thing, his mom's banana cake with cream cheese icing. The day before we left I got all the dry ingredients measured out and stowed in a good hiding spot in the checked luggage -because let's face it going through security with 3 ziploc bags of white powder is never a good plan. The night before his birthday I went to go find "hot chocolate packets" a.k.a the pastry chef to get the ball rolling. Martin was lovely and asked that I hand over my bags and recipe! He insisted on making the cake! He said I was on vacation and being in a kitchen isn't a vacation for a lady even if it is to make a birthday cake. He promised he would do the cake himself so it wouldn't get screwed up. That night at dinner, Martin presented the surprise "Habby Birthday" cake
complete with: an improvised 3 because they lost the 3 candle, ALL the sprinkles that I had brought for decoration (enough for 12 cakes i think), and pink icing (my favorite not Nate's but who cares) The cake tasted like it always does, and was the best dessert of the night. (in my opinion it was the best dessert of the whole cruise but I am biased)

No comments: