I Ride for Nick's Eyes



I grew up with 3 sisters and 1 brother. Nick is my favorite brother. He and I are 3 years apart and at the age of 2 he became the "other" queen and we would dress up together. That was short lived. Dinosaurs and Spiderman soon overthrew the crown. Even though we had our differences he remained my favorite. He and I went into the MTC exactly 1 year apart to the day, he and I both have our ex-fiances and botched wedding plans, and he was the minister that conducted my ring ceremony after our sealing, and 3 months later he got married to wonderful woman and I did his cake. He is one of my favorite parts of this life and is in a 3-way tie with my father and my husband for my favorite male ever. He recently landed the most amazing job. He is head graphic designer for Demon Dirt and in the past year has completely transformed the company and has traveled all over the USA and Canada to promote the line. He is amazing and today I am devastated that I am so far from him because last Saturday he found out he is going blind and the only chance he has on keeping what sight he has left is a surgery that is not yet approved in the States. Only a handful of doctors will do the operation that involves placing a plastic disc underneath his corneas to maintain their integrity and even then it has only been done about 20 times in the US. He is going to go for it, he has no other options. His sight will come with a heavy price though because insurance won't help an non-approved procedure. So pray for my brother, include him in your fasts, and if you ride or you need a know people that do, or you need a need a new running top grab one here and Save Nick's Eyes. http://www.demondirt.com/

3 comments:

Colin Worobetz said...

Its amazing to hear your stories of nick's life, From the small time I spent with him, and the people around him, I know that he's a great man.

Best wishes for you guys, and Im doing my best to raise funds VIA pinkbike and emails for auction donations.

-Colin Worobetz

Cait said...

I read about this on my other friend's (alexis) blog and I had no idea it was your little brother! My sister's husband gets aneurysms in his aorta and he had a non-fda approved surgery and it helped tremendously! He can still race downhill mountain bikes.

I really hope it goes well for Nick and that he can get it done soon!

aaron wilkinson said...

Oh, no! I'm so sad that nick's going blind. :(
I will definitely keep him in my prayers.