single lady...

....I am living single. Not single, just living so for a month. Nate is in Oklahoma and while I love him, I love him being gone. Now before you go and say, "holy cow what a bit*h!" let me explain...we both work full time. Nate is 9-5 and I work 7-6:30 so you can imagine come 6:30 the last thing on our minds is: laundry, mow the lawn, cook a gourmet meal, dust, straighten, fix, futs. The only thing on our mind is: scarf down whatever is quick (Reeses puffs, string cheese, canned soup), sit next to each other and attempt to unwind until we have to try and sleep amidst the neighbors barking dog, the other neighbors light on a motion sensor, and the nightly quinceanera that randomly happens about once a week next door, so we can start all over again. So, that being said I am not a monster I am just thrilled that without the "sit next each other" step of the equation and I can do this:

Day 1:
  • raked all the leaves
  • bought a Japanese maple for 75% off (thank you Home Depot)
  • planted the maple (this involved pulling intercostal muscles but it was worth it)
  • mowed the lawn
  • did it all in my favorite shoes (which Nate hates)
Day 2:
  • went to church
  • washed the dogs
  • cleaned the kitchen
Day 3:
  • did ALL the laundry (yes including the leftovers from the basement flood)
Day 4:
  • I went to ballet (the leo still fits :) maybe because its super stretchy?? Nah I am consciously lying to myself and pretending I am the same size I was when I danced for 15+ hrs/week)
Day 5:
  • brought the girls( 4 yr old twins, 19 month Zoe) over for a sleepover. Which is a funny story...Xannie had to pee so she ran inside while I stayed out in the backyard with the other 2 girls and the dogs. Xannie came back out and I said, "don't shut the door just leave it open" she shut the door. "Ica this way the dogs won't get in" fabulous. Did you know we won't get in either because the house is locked, the spare is at Laura's 3 miles away but I can't call her because I can see my cell phone on the table? Its 8:30pm I have 3 little girls in princess pj's tired and ready for bed outside and its cold. Zoe gets set on the bbq so the puppy doesn't jump and knock her over, Xannie is in hysterics because she locked us out, and Izzy is trying to make it all better. I try every window and then grab the ladder, get up the roof, and voila the smallest window in the bathroom is open. I squeeze my body through it, plop on the floor tangled in the hamper and the shower curtain, and run down to open the door and calm down the now 3 teary eyed girls. (this hasn't been my favorite day without Nathan)
Day 7:
  • picked up 15 antique windows from the side of the road! And when I brought them home no one told me that it was ridiculous or that I had to get rid of them. Now if only I can think of what to do with them ...
Day 8:
  • I became a slave to the media, after all the radio adds and commercials and "hype" I thought I had to give this a try....McRib is McYuck! Now I can say I have tasted it.
  • went to bed at 8pm
Day 9:
  • made a killer baby shower cake
Day 10:
  • church
  • reconnected with my life via phone
  • serious nap
Day 11:
  • I just sat because I took 4 kids that weren't mine to the Dr. office. 3 got flu shots. 2 crying kids,1 hysterical kid, and 1 kid/baby wondering what all the crying was about (she didn't get a shot). Did I mention we took the metro because parking on K and 18th is impossible at 3:30.
Day 12:
  • cleaned the car
Day 13:
  • hello Macy's (no I didn't break the bank I just wanted to see Christmas decorations. However after trying on the tester of Gucci Guilty and letting it sit for a few, I wished I could break my nose!)

1 comment:

The Turners said...

Cant get enough of that cake. It is sooo awesome. How did you make those butterflies?